Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

Welcome to our first grade class blog! Please subscribe to our class blog by typing your email in the upper right-hand corner box. I will be updating it with important first grade information throughout the school year. In addition, please make sure to subscribe to the Georgetown School Blog. Mr. Waldie will provide school-wide information on his blog throughout the school year.

Once you have subscribed and browsed through our blog, please take a moment to complete a few housekeeping items:

1. Open houses will NOT be happening this year which is so sad because I was looking forward to meeting all of you before the first day. Some of you already know me from last year, but those of you who don’t, please know we will find other ways to connect! I know the other first grade teachers are planning to do a supply drop off at school this Saturday, but I will sadly be out of town. My family had a Ludington trip planned before the new start date was announced. I have my laptop with me, so PLEASE reach out with any questions you may have. Since I will not be doing the supply drop off, please send your child’s supplies on the the first day of school. It can be a lot for the littles to carry, so feel free to spread it out over the first couple of days!

2. Please take a few quick minutes to fill out this brief Parent Survey This survey helps me to get a better picture of your child as a learner and provides me with some necessary contact information for this year. Thank you in advance!

3. One final optional form is this Shared Parent Contact Info. Form. The results will be visible to you, allowing you to contact other parents to set up playdates, birthday parties, etc.

4. Take a look at our first grade school supply list and have fun shopping for these items before our first day of school.

I can’t wait to get the school year started with this amazing group of first graders!

Looking forward to meeting you soon,

Abby Blauwkamp