All Done with Grade One!

Thank you for an AMAZING school year! I truly am so grateful for all the relationships I have formed with your kiddos. They will always hold a special place in my heart. I am SO proud of all the growth they made academically, socially, and behaviorally this school year. I have you all to thank for that… it could not be done without your support at home. I appreciate all the kindness you have shown me and the partnership we created to help your child succeed as a first grader. I hope you all have an incredible summer!

CELEBRATIONS

Talent Show: It was so fun to have our talent show in person again this year! We sure do have some talented kiddos at Georgetown. 

5th Grade Clap Out: We cheered on the fifth graders as they walked out of our school one last time before heading to middle school next year!

2nd Grade Tour: We were able to team up with a second grade classroom to learn more about 2nd grade. The first graders were able to tour the room and ask questions to learn what second grade is all about!

Dog Playdate: Mr. Blauwkamp brought in our dog, Tucker, so the kiddos could meet him. It was so fun watching them chase him around!

THEME DAYS

Lemonade Day: As a class we made some lemonade together… it was so tasty! We reviewed our “how to” writing skills and wrote about how to make lemonade. For reading, we worked on our retell skills about a lemonade story. After trying both lemonade and pink lemonade, we worked on our graphing skills to see which kind was liked best by the class! For word study, the kiddos tried to make as many new words as they could using the words ‘cold lemonade’.

Sports Day: In the morning, we were able to go check out some fifth graders’ space exhibits in STEAM. For math, we worked on partners of 10 by coloring jerseys, and we even played some basketball with cheese puffs. Each cup they made a cheese puff into had a number under it, so they had to add all three numbers together. The partner with the highest score won! We also completed a sports reading comprehension passage. The kiddos also earned some awards for the school year. I loved watching their faces light up as they guessed who would get what award. It was such a sweet moment as they cheered for their friends!

Beach Day: We completed a summer bucket list and talked about what we are looking forward to most this summer! We then got to enjoy some ice cream sandwiches at recess… yum!

PICTURES

Click here to see our pictures from this week!