Week Six

TURKEY TROT

This year’s Turkey Trot will be virtual! Here is a flyer with more information for you. You can also check out the PE blog as well: https://mvankoev.edublogs.org/

[embeddoc url=”https://abbyblauwkamp.edublogs.org/files/2020/10/Turkey-Trot-Flyer-2020.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google” ]

CELEBRATIONS

Stars: We earned all 10 of our stars for having golden behavior!!! I am SO proud of how hard they kept pushing to reach this goal. We will celebrate by having a Stuffed Animal Day this Monday, October 5. Please have your child pick just ONE stuffed animal to bring in!

Star Students: We had five special star students this week. Thanks for being my helpers Claire, Melwyn, Bryce, Tucker, and Sydney!

Quote of the Week: This week’s quote went to Gracie for always having a smile on her face! She is very caring and always wants others to be happy. Way to go, Gracie!

First Grade Family Time: We didn’t have any friends lose teeth this week and only one friend joined the shoe tying club, but he was not at school on Friday afternoon. We will wait to celebrate him next week!

OUR LEARNING

Word Study: The word wall began to fill up this week as we reviewed snap words from kindergarten. We studied the words and looked for patterns the words shared. This will be a great resource to tie into writing time as well!

Writing: Our stories were brought to like this week! We made our characters move, talk, and feel, and we worked on telling our stories in small steps.

Math: We completed our first unit test this week, and I am so proud of how hard they worked! I plan to have these graded and sent home this coming week.

Reading: We continued to build good reading habits and discussed some of the bad habits we need to drop. We practiced scooping up words into phrases and rereading to see more. Our last half of the week was spent learning strategies to figure out tricky words!

Indoor Recess: We had indoor recess this week, and the kiddos learned the procedures to have when it is yucky outside. Check below to see some of the fun activities each group got to do!

Notes for Parents:

• I goofed and forgot to send home the new lunch schedule for October, so please look for that on Monday!
    • Monday’s hot lunch options are: white – pancakes and egg omelet OR blue – garlic cheese bread
  • If your child participates in a fall sport, please email me their schedule! I would absolutely LOVE to come and support them at a game!
  • Don’t forget to have your child being a jacket to school in the morning! It has been pretty chilly at recess these past couple of weeks.

Upcoming Dates:

• Monday, October 5 – Music, LIBRARY (books due)
    • Stuffed Animal Day
  • Tuesday, October 6 – Gym
  • Wednesday, October 7 – Art
  • Thursday, October 8 – STEAM
    • Jet’s Pizza Night
  • Friday, October 9 – Music